Blue Shield of California complies with applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex. Blue Shield of California does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.Blue Shield of California:
- Provides aids and services at no cost to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (including large print, audio, accessible electronic formats and other formats)
- Provides language services at no cost to people whose primary language is not English such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact the Blue Shield of California Civil Rights Coordinator.
If you believe that Blue Shield of California has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex, you can file a grievance with:
Blue Shield of California
Civil Rights Coordinator
P.O. Box 629007
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762-9007
Phone: (844) 831-4133 (TTY: 711)
Fax: (916) 350-7405
You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax or email. If you need help filing a grievance, our Civil Rights Coordinator is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue SW.
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, DC 20201
1 (800) 368-1019; (800) 537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.
For language assistance, visit www.blueshieldca.com/bsca/contact-us/home.sp